Tactile interpreters for conference

Peter DeHaas petercdehaas at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed May 21 03:24:28 UTC 2008

Charles,

Thanks for all of your efforts.  ASL linguistics and sign writing (in
my opinion) is the new frontier for sure.

Wondering if there are any scholarship opportunities for this event
seeing as I'm an MA student in Ling?

Also, would love to present on something, but am not really well
versed in the sign writing program.  I could possibly present on my
study of ASL pauses in my CA data.  All of the pauses are similar in
their articulation but different in that they all represent different
things.  This is the paper that I submitted for my semantics and
pragmatics class this past semester. (I got an A++)

Anyhow, would love to participate in some way, just need to figure out
how to do it.

Best,

Peter DeHaas

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu