Name Sign for Barack Obama?

Kimberley Shaw skifoot at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 6 13:04:27 UTC 2008

Hello Shane and all:
as I was gabbing in ASL with a Deaf friend on this morning's commute,
he suggested that the "4-handshape-towards-viewer" might refer to the
fact that Obama happens to be rather good-looking! (i.e. handshape
borrowed from the ASL sign for "beautiful" merged with the ASL "B").
And my friend also taught me a third namesign for Obama, which we've
been using in Boston. I've now added it to the ASL puddle, as I an not
remembering how to add it as a .png to my email, the way other folks
are, grr.
When I go to ASL class tonight, it'll be fun to ask around and see
what other signs people in my area have been using for him!
Best,
Kim from Boston