how to write big waves

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 9 21:11:11 UTC 2008

I would have used that big graph, but I thought that the hands switched orientation in the process.  If the hands move up and then down and the change palm facing line isn't there, I thought I'd have to use the figure I sent.

Am I being too careful in my writing?

Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at mac.com> wrote: SignWriting List
November 9, 2008

On Nov 9, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Honza wrote:
> we have problem writing down "big waves" in SignWriting. You know
> during the storm, sea makes big waves.
> we tried to write it down (see http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=6&sgn=52&sid=1343&search=vlny&type=any)
>  but it is not what wee need.
> please see it as at is shown in fairytale we are writing down.
> see time 0:32-0:34 http://www2.ruce.cz/tmp/rybar

Hello Honza!
Having looked at the video, which was very fast, and the sign was in
the middle of a long paragraph, I grabbed two
photos from it...and here is one writing of what I saw...I have had
such a busy Sunday already with so many phone calls, so I have not had
that much time to really analyze other ways to write it too, but
anyway....the video is great...wonderful signs that would be fun to
write!!

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help