adding two new handshapes to the ISWA...

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Wed Sep 10 16:25:51 UTC 2008

Hi Val, Steve and everyone,

   Val and Steve,  many many thanks for adding one handshape ROI or R+7on
the circle base.

    I believe that one Deaf kid will be happy to write the new handshape ROI
on the computer because she uses it very often.

    Hand waving

    André

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at mac.com>
To: "SignWriting List" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:56 AM
Subject: [sw-l] adding two new handshapes to the ISWA...

SignWriting List
September 9, 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Gagnon et Thibeault wrote:
>  If I use LSQ, I need both the handshape ROI or R + 7 on a circle  base
> and a square base.
>  André

Hello Andre!
I spoke with Steve, and we decided that I can add two more symbols to
the ISWA today...

I will add:

1.  the R handshape with a circle base under Group 2
(we have always been writing R with a square base in the past, but now
we will have both choices)

2. the R-Handshape-with-Baby-Finger with a circle base, under Group 7
(for your sign for ROI in French-Canadian Sign Language)
so there will be both a square base and a circle base for that handshape

If there are any more requests please make them NOW, rather than
later...because we will sooner or later have to load the ISWA into
SignPuddle so you can use it, and once we load it in, it will take
much longer before any additions can be added...

Many thanks -

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu