sign for Trinity College Dublin

Thu Sep 11 15:23:17 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
September 11, 2008

Hi Shane and Gabriel!

Thanks for your input Shane...I will leave the choices of the signs
you wish to write, to both of you...I just write anything people ask
me about...so it is not for me to choose what signs are correct for
your languages...

So maybe you should send the video, Shane, of the signs you prefer, to
Gabriel, and you can make a decision together...

Then, if there are other signs you need to write in SignWriting, go
right ahead and post them to the list and we will write them together...

These issues of which signs are correct and which ones are not, always
come up in dictionary-making...it is a hard issue, because everyone
has strong feelings about the signs they use and know...that is
totally understandable. That is why a really good dictionary should
have all the different signs and variations and dialects in the
dictionary for people to learn and choose from...

I hope, Gabriel, that you will continue to write in the ISL SignPuddle
and continue to ask questions...

And I hope you are doing well, Shane, in Amsterdam!

Great to hear from you again, and to also hear from writers in
Ireland...I am happy to have contact with Dublin again!

Val ;-)