Mouth Patterns

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Sun Sep 21 22:44:35 UTC 2008

Thanks for the clarifications Valerie,

I think I now understand why Mundbilder and the Grammatical Mouth
Movements are included in ISWA and not the Mundbildscrift :) Only
Mundbilder and Grammatical Mouth Movements are part of sign languages
right?

The Mundbildscrift is the signwriting for all the phonemes in the German
language - and is rather a tool for the acquision of the spoken German
language right? wow this is really innovative! I think all speech
therapists around the world should have a Mundbildscrift (which would be
slightly different depending on the language of course) for working with
Deaf children! I am convinced that this would be of enormous help - well
done Stefan - the children can see the sounds :)) amazing. Stefan do you
have any statistics about the success of this so far?

Maria