AW: AW: [sw-l] Mouth Patterns/ Mundbilder/ SpeechWriting

Fri Sep 26 14:47:56 UTC 2008

Hi Maria, Val, friends, ...

Maria wrote:

"  This is amazing work! I'm very sure that the Mundbildscrift is helping
the Deaf learn German, and the Mundbilder is great for Sign languages that
use a lot of 'spoken' words as part of the signs, such as Maltese Sign
Language."

Thanks for your attention. Just want to let you know that it took a long way
to unterstand that without these "Mundbilder"  there is almost no chance to
understand the SL performance without to much guessing.

Well I am happy to understand that you understand a lot of the background of
this so far unique German style of  GebaerdenSchrift - smile.

I will be happy to share my knowledge and experience in this field. There
are some options how detailed I will add these "Mundbilder" - depends on the
reader. Especially deaf students take a lot of advantage out of that if they
are asked to write translations of GebaerdenSchrift - documents.

Some of these "Mundbilder" are not a one to one pair to the graphem - so we
are lucky to demonstrate to all the people who demand lipreading that this
can be often a pretty tough job.

All the best

Stefan ;-)