Copy Sign Text

Thu Apr 23 15:18:13 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
April 23, 2009

Maria -
Just a point that you may not realize. The Reader will be for
"reading" documents that have already been created with SignPuddle
Online, or the PersonalPuddle. It will not be a program that can
"write' the actual documents. I am not sure if that was your question,
but just wanted to clarify that...The reason the Reader has so much
potential is that it can bring SignWriting Literature to people's
handheld devices, and to your computer desktop, without an internet
connection, and without being too data intensive. There will also be
more features than just reading...video can be included with the
SignWriting documents, such as the Cat in the Hat video that goes with
the SignText, and also we will be able to do symbol-searches on the
documents...I believe the Reader software will tell us how many
symbols are used in a document, and I believe we will be able to
search for Symbol Frequency within one document someday. I am also
planning to package a SignPuddle Reader with lots of literature pre-
installed and sell it on Amazon.com and in our SignWriting Shop...to
help our nonprofit organization...

So as far as writing your documents goes, just keep doing what you are
doing with SignPuddle Online and the PersonalPuddle ;-)

Val ;-)