AW: [sw-l] Hand shape symbol EMA 28

Thu Apr 16 13:45:58 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie,

thank you so much for your quick response. There are only two more days -
then I have to go back to school. That is the reason that I am concentrating
on this in order to get it done in time.

Well the document - you published on your website is still not the final
result. There have to be discussed quite a lot of hand shapes and especially
orientations. So we will send the final document soon ...

I am looking forward to see your suggestion how to write that given hand
shape. Well and many hand shapes look look very close but as I had to find
out did not represent exactly what the deaf people in Ethiopia do. Without
the expert Eyasu in Ethiopia there would be no chance to succeed-- smile

All the best

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 15:32
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] Hand shape symbol EMA 28

SignWriting List
April 16, 2009

Hello Stefan and Eyasu!
I am so happy to know that you are working together on writing
Ethiopian Sign Languages...and the Fingerspelling Alphabet ;-)

And thank you for your question, Stefan. I had not seen that version
of that handshape before, and it will have to be constructed in the
ISWA, if you need the fingers straight, and it can be of course...I
will show you how I would write it next message...

And of course you are always welcome to create TT fonts!

I tried to place all the handshapes of the Ethiopian Fingerspelling in
the ISWA, as you know, and we do have another handshape that looks
very close...is it possible that this is the same fingerspelling, just
performed with a different style? It is on this web page:

http://www.signwriting.org/ethiopia/ethiopia07.html

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help