Open Office 3.1 for Mac OS X and Windows

Trevor Jenkins bslwannabe at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 12 20:16:00 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie,

If I'd known that you didn't know about OpenOffice.org being available
for Mac OS X I would have told you months ago. I've been running the
version 3 series since February of this year. Fits the Aqua interface
so much better than the version series did because it required the X
server to be installed.Even under X it was usable but the version 3
series is so much better.

One small quible with your description. OpenOffice.org is an exact
replacement for Microsoft Office Professional rather than Works. And
at times I've had to use OOo to down convert Office 2007 format files
to Office 2003 format for people not running the latest version of
Office. If you want though you can force it to save files in Office
format rather than OOo's native formats.