fingers bending

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 27 17:49:01 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
August 7, 2009

Smile...

Adam...don't worry...we do not have to re-do these photos - you have
done a great job...

When I was placing these handshapes in the ISWA I remember thinking to
myself how close they were to each other, and everyone's hands are
slightly different too...

But the best way to test these, is take the side view of the symbol
and the photo, and place the symbol "on top of " the photo for one
minute...does the shape of the fingers match in both the symbol and
the photo? if not, then maybe later we can adjust them...

meanwhile, I would think you can see the shapes of the symbols
themselves without the photos anyway...they are different
curves...when you are writing, choose one or the other and it probably
won't matter, since they are sooo close, unless you are doing research
and need to differentiate...

so put the symbol over the photo...

Val ;-)

------