Print SignWriting Greeting Cards

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Dec 4 03:14:24 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
December 3, 2009

Hello Everyone!
I have not been following this conversation completely, I do apologize
for that....We have had an increase in book orders, and I have been
fulfilling those orders, sending books on SignWriting around the
world...very nice to have more orders right before Christmas...

Regarding the direction of writing in SignWriting...everyone is
welcome to write as it seems best for them...We all have our reasons
to write one direction or the other, and all directions of writing
signs, is better than no writing of signs...so I suggest that we write
as it seems best to us, and over time, standards will develop...

And yes, Stefan, your documents and dictionaries are amazing! Thank
you for all the writing you are doing in SignPuddle. Your dictionary
has over 10,000 signs!!

German SignPuddles
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#sgn-DE

And thank you, Andre, for the documents and dictionaries from French
Canada...I can see you have added a lot since I last looked:

French-Canadian SignPuddles
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index1.html#sgn-CA-fr

It is exciting to see how much is being accomplished everyday in
SignPuddle...people are adding thousands of signs in many countries...

Regarding rules of writing...people informed me that they did not want
rules, so that is ok...no need to change the way you all are writing...

So I am just writing my particular style and trying to explain the
rules that guide my own personal writing, and then others can choose
what they feel is best...

Because I write vertically with lanes, i also write fingerspelling
vertically. When it comes to writing multiple facial expressions, that
is an interesting question...sometimes I write them horiztonally and
sometimes vertically...but now I will really think about this and see
what feels natural next time I write a document...

So thank you, to everyone, for your input and I plan to read more of
your messages later this month, as soon as the Christmas rush has died
down...I hope you are enjoying your December...

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help