Questions Using PersonalPuddle

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Dec 4 16:38:40 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
December 4, 2009

Hello Ron and PersonalPuddle users!

Very sorry for my delay in answering your questions about how to use
the PersonalPuddle...

The answer is ...

You can upload individual signs and individual SignText documents, one
at a time, from your PersonalPuddle to SignPuddle Online.

But, you cannot upload entire puddles from your PersonalPuddle to
SignPuddle Online, all at once...Let's imagine you have added 3000
signs into a new puddle file called My Dictionary on your
PersonalPuddle...you cannot upload the entire My Dictionary puddle
with all 3000 signs to SignPuddle Online all at once...you have to
upload each individual sign and individual document one at a time...

There is a reason for this...each new uploaded sign and document has
to be given a name by you, when you upload them individually...that
way you are not replacing anyone else's work online with the same
name...because other people are using the online puddles too...and
there could be conflicts with uploads, so this way, by uploading each
entry individually, and giving each uploaded entry a new name by you,
there are no conflicts with other online writers...

I will send instructions on how to upload individual signs and
documents next message...it may be an hour or so...

Val ;-)