ISWA 2008 and SWML

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Dec 28 16:44:52 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
December 28, 2009

Hello Machado and Steve!

Wow. Thank you for this kind offer, Machado. I do remember this, and
you are right that we did not get back to you...

Happy 2010, by the way - a new decade is before us....

Let's talk about it privately, to see what can be done...between the
three of us....The one problem that might develop is that the SVG that
is produced, needs to be the exact same size and reproduction of the
original PNG symbol, with no flair or embellishment...because for us
to use the SVG version in SignPuddle, the symbols will have to fit
exactly into the space of each symbol in old documents...We have
hundreds of documents and thousands of signs already written in
SignPuddle as you know, so the symbols will have to be an exact
replacement...and I assume that any "automatic" software will not be
able to be used without some touch-up on my part...I am happy to do
this job with you, if you want to tackle it...

What about funding for such a big job? We can talk about that too...

You can download the entire ISWA 2008 on the web:
http://www.movementwriting.org/symbolbank/ISWA/downloads.html

Number 11 on that web page, gives you the download for all the symbols
of the ISWA in one large folder....The symbols are also available
divided into different folders, for a smaller download...

Val ;-)
signwriting at mac.com