spelling question

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Jan 9 19:30:20 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 9, 2009

Hello Ingvild!
Thanks for this question. Great to hear from you again ;-)

The most accurate writing is the fourth one in your example below.

I found this writing in your Norwegian Dictionary in SignPuddle, and
it is the spelling that is the least complicated and will always be
read well by new readers:

Originally, as you know, SignWriting did not have dots for Squeeze
Finger Motion...we just wrote the positions with arrows between the
positions...so the above is an old writing, but an accurate one...

later, we developed the dots for multiple repeated squeezing of
fingers...using the dots for only one squeeze was rarely used in the
beginning, since that could be written with simple positions...

I will write a second email next, explaining what I would do if I want
to use a single Squeeze dot...

Val ;-)