spelling question

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Jan 9 21:35:09 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 9, 2009

Here are three possible writings that I might use.

In the first example, the dot is not necessary but just added
information. The second and third examples remove the first position.
The bending of the fingers holds the meaning in the sign...the bent
fingers show the "result of the squeeze" motion...so we write that
plus the arrow pulls or pushes the hand to the side...

It has taken us at least 20 years in ASL to find the best way to write
some numbers...and some of our writings are very abbreviated, and not
so easy to read for those who do not know ASL, so I understand that
you need to find a short way to write numbers, especially for tiny
page numbers etc...so for tiny page numbers I would think the third
one in this example would be the best...

Hope this has been helpful. Happy to be in discussions again!