AW: [sw-l] Brush-Between Symbol for ESCAPE in ASL

Fri Jan 23 15:14:38 UTC 2009

Hi Ingvild, Valerie and sw-list friends,

I agree with Ingvild. From my point of view there is no need whatsoever to
add another (higher- more subtle) level to the meaning of the signs. If we
would do another decision had to be made not only what kind of contact but
in addition to that  let the strokes follow the direction of the moving
finger .. or something like this. Thinking of my students they would have to
add this to their “design – process”. Well and they still have a difficult
time to pick one symbol afer the next, to vote for the correct variation, to
keep in mind several other “spelling agreements”

So we should ask
 is this option of rotating the contact symbol of any
higher value to describe a given performance of a sign more accurately. I
have my doubts
 Well it shows definitely that Steve is an artist in
programming
 smile
 but who has any doubt about that- smile

Congrats Steve for all your great achievements – and I am positive that
there are many more surprises waiting for us

Stefan ;-)

  _____