need you help on the sign /SUICIDE/

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 4 17:26:49 UTC 2009

This is very clear Ingvild, easy to read.
Charles

--- On Fri, 7/3/09, Ingvild Roald <iroald at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Ingvild Roald <iroald at hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [sw-l] need you help on the sign /SUICIDE/
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 8:21 AM

This took me some time - have been busy, but hre comes:

In Norwegian, the term for suicide is a composite word, selvmord. The first part, 'selv', means 'self'. The latter part, 'mord', means murder.

In Norwegian SL, the two parts have been assimilated into one, as can be seen from the attached signs 'selv', 'mord', and 'selvmord'. - The assimilation does not show as well in SignWriting as I would wish, you really have to know SignWriting fairly well to see this - but I could not figure out a better way to write ...

Ingvild

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help