Body, Torso, Shoulders, Tilting, Bending

Thu Jul 9 18:52:37 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
July 9, 2009

While I am preparing the diagrams Adam requested, I want to point you
all to some diagrams that are already on the web...

http://www.movementwriting.org/lessons/fullbody/fullbody08.html

I can see that the term "Tilt" can be confusing and I suspect that we
should probably use the term Tilt for the position of one shoulder
higher than the other, as in these diagrams, and use the term ROCK for
the motion that we are discussing right now...it might clear up a
little confusion...helping to clear up the difference between tilting
with one shoulder higher than the other, and rocking motion, that
shifts body weight from side to side...

These are all shoulder positions...not motion but just still
positions...