SignPuddle Brackets

Stephen Jones swterp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 23 17:26:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have not been able to transfer everything we are getting to SignPuddle
yet. We do what are called elicitation sessions and have to write what we
elicit into a Data Notebook by hand during the session with the Language
Consultant. It is a requirement of the class to write it at the time we
"hear" it. So, I currently have not put sentences into sign puddle, but they
are all in my Data Note Book for Paraguay Signs.

I am also teaching Sign Language Phonetics and this is where I was trying to
get the brackets. What I do is make the sentences in Sign Text then e-mail
them to myself without saving, because the sentences are from videos of Thai
sign, African sign, Spanish sign, etc. I also rely on the load signs into
sign text after e-mailing heavily if I need to change something. I did not
want to save all these in the ASL Puddle, so I just have not been saving
them. I also use Sign Puddle to make the dictation tests, which just has
about 7 random signs from various languages, so it is not really a story or
necessarily ASL and thus I do not save them.

In short I was trying to do the brackets in Sign Text.

Thanks,
Stephen Jones