SignWriting Contributors...building a new web area

Fri Jun 19 16:29:30 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
June 19, 2009

Hello SW Listers!

I have started a brand new web area, called

Contributors to SignWriting History
http://www.signwriting.org/library/history/contributors/

later it will be very clearly available to any visitor on our sites,
but right now, I have started the web area, but it is not openly
linked on the Home Page yet, because I am still building it...

There are so many wonderful people who have contributed to SignWriting
since 1974, that I have only been able to start listing the names, let
alone write all their biographies and accomplishments...but in
time...we will have a unique web page for each contributor, with
whatever information they want to have on their web page, for the
general public to know their accomplishments...

So please know that when you go to the listing of names, I have only
just started...if your name is not there, please write to me and I
will place your name there, and then later design a web page for your
work with SignWriting...

Right now we only have one Contributor's page partially ready...it is
for Guylhem Aznar, who wrote his dissertation, and several papers, on
SignWriting and Unicode.

You can download his dissertation in French on his Contributor Page:

Guylhem Aznar
http://www.signwriting.org/library/history/contributors/Aznar.html

I truly appreciate all the hard work and focus that Guylhem gave to
SignWriting for so many years, and it is very exciting that he now has
his Ph.D because of his work. In time we hope to do an English
translation of his French dissertation, which is long...a real book...

Thank you, to all of you, for all your hard work and many efforts,
which will be documented through the Contributor's web area...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help