AW: AW: [sw-l] Hello from Hungary

Tue Mar 3 00:18:30 UTC 2009

Hi Valerie, Edina and SW-listers...

I transcribed the sign for Hungary as I found it in the Hungarian video - collection -

Look for: Magyar

http://www.hallatlan.hu/hu/jel/magyar-671.html

The signer performs lip movements that should be documented as if he says [mʌʤa:] the Hungarian word for Hungary  (I agree - no "N" - smile)

So Valerie yes you are right - this is not the German word for Ungarn -

All the best

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu [mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. März 2009 00:38
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: Re: AW: [sw-l] Hello from Hungary

SignWriting List
March 2, 2009

Hello Stefan!
Thanks for the writing of the sign for HUNGARY...The sign is very clear.

I am getting used to reading the speech on the lips. I am a pretty bad
lip reader in English, that is for sure ;-))

In German, the words for Hungary and Hungarian are Ungarn and
Ungarisch...is that correct?

So are the mouths mouthing the German word Ungarn in your example? How
would it look different if it were the English word, HUNGARY?

What does mandza mean?... I am sorry to ask so many questions...I
would like to learn to read Woehrmann's SpeechWriting....

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help