movement in LIQUID

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 9 02:26:23 UTC 2009

The movement doesn't feel right, the circle is probably the closest smooth curve for the center of the hands.  I think we are all going to discuss this for a while.

Charles

________________________________
From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org>
To: SignWriting List <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2009 1:42:11 PM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] movement in LIQUID

SignWriting List
March 8, 2009

Good Morning from sunny California!

I am just longing to finish discussing this fascinating movement that we started to discuss yesterday. Please know that every writing will be looked at, and discussed later, so everyone's input is important to all of us...

While I am doing other work, I am thinking about this fascinating movement ;-)

What seems to me, at least, is that there is both wrist movement and arm movement, and that there is a feeling of a circle, and a feeling of a wave, and a feeling of up and down of the wrists and arms. All of your writings are trying to capture some of those feelings, and it is hard to capture all of the feelings in one writing...thus we keep trying!

Here is one more attempt on my part to show you possible "waves combined with curves", or possibly a "wave inside a circle", written with a wavy motion symbol combined with the simple curve that brings the hands back to the beginning again...Just look at the movement symbols in this attachment...do either of these movement combinations feel good to any of you?

So this attached is not a finished writing at all...it is just my attempt to show you perhaps a wave and a curve combination...

What do you think?