Writing Heads Facing the Front Corner...something new ; -)

Wed Mar 18 20:26:01 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
March 18, 2009

Thanks for the message below, Charles -

The symbols that I was showing are from the Front View...or perhaps a
better way to explain it is that the reader is standing behind the
signer and viewing the head from that perspective...

If you want to view the head from the overhead top view, you certainly
can, or even the side view...all those opportunities are there for you
with the ISWA 2008 symbolset...You can easily write what you posted in
your message, Charles, with the ISWA symbolset...

These symbols for the head facing the front corner are already in the
ISWA 2008 symbolset too. No one has to use them however...that is a
choice. I like them a lot and use them daily now, when writing
storytelling from video...so they are working for me and i know others
who are writing with them too...

If you are standing behind the signer and the signer turns to the
front corner, the side of the head that is closer to the reader can be
darkened...here is another example: