AW: Manchester

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed May 20 17:37:37 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
May 20, 2009

Hello Alison!
Very happy to meet you and welcome to the SignWriting List ;-)

Many many years ago (grin), long before your time there I am sure,
SignWriting was used by Bencie Woll at the University of Bristol for a
research project writing International signs...but that was not
BSL...so we have not really had very many in the UK get started
writing BSL...Sandy Fleming has written some literature and has a
lovely site...thank you, Sandy, for your work all these years...

SignWriting in UK
http://www.signwriting.org/uk/

Take a look at Sandy Fleming's UK site:

http://bsltext.org/

There are some cool SignWriting pages there...

Anyway - we would certainly enjoy helping people start to add signs
and literature into the BSL SignPuddle anytime:

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index4.html#sgn-GB

So if you start adding signs, Alison and Suzanne and Trevor and Chris
and Sandy and anyone else from the UK ....just ask questions here on
the SW List and we will be happy to help with both software questions
and SignWriting questions...

All languages are welcome too!

Val ;-)

--------