AW: [sw-l] Sign for SignPuddle

Mon May 25 17:18:33 UTC 2009

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> Well I am really curious about your idea Steve to create this name
> "SignPuddle"  for your software-program.  What has been your
> association, visual representation ...

Hi Stefan,

Before SignPuddle, there was PUDL: Pittsburgh United for Deaf Literacy.
I liked the term puddle because it was fun and not too serious.  I hoped
to start something small that would build and grow.

There are lots of fun associations with a puddle.  One of my favorites
is children playing together in a puddle; stomping, splashing, and
having a great time.

Regards,
-Steve