Updating graphics only and other signs

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Nov 14 23:55:39 UTC 2009

In the one hand monkey, I can right click and drag the image directly to the word document.  In the two-hand monkey I can take the whole box, but the signbox containing the sign graphic doesn't travel and show up, just the spelling.

I don't want to save each graphic on the desk top as a separate name, that takes space on my computer that I don't want to "save as" simply move them directly from the dictionary into a file, else I might as well just copy the dictionary one sign at a time as a whole, missing the whole point of having a SignPuddle on line, not on my desktop.

Charles

________________________________
From: SignWriting <signwriting at mac.com>
To: SignWriting List <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Cc: SignWriting <signwriting at mac.com>
Sent: Sat, November 14, 2009 11:57:47 AM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Updating graphics only and other signs

SignWriting List
November 14, 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 8:42 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
> ASL, Monkey, the two-handed sign I cannot clip the picture, it won't show up (though the sign spelling will), the one-handed sign works fine.
> Charles

Hi Charles -
I could not reconstruct the problem you are having on my computer...for me they both are working equally as well. If you are having trouble seeing the signs, push the refresh or reload button at the top of your web browser. Maybe they will be visible then...

How do I copy signs into Microsoft Word?

There are two ways that I do it...

1. I right-click with my mouse directly on the sign. Then I choose "save image as", and save it to my desktop, giving the graphic a new name.

or...

2. I click on the Customize Sign button, and customize the sign and then right-click on the sign and do the same.

Once the signs are re-named and on my desktop, I then open Microsoft Word and either drag and drop the graphics into the Word document, or I use the Picture Insert command to insert the graphic into Word...

Have you tried some of those methods?