AW: AW: [sw-l] Understanding a sign

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Nov 16 16:15:19 UTC 2009

Yes...the plus sign has only one meaning...to grasp or to hold on to
something...it is not needed for compounds because one can see easily
that it is not two signs, but one compound sign....

And this has nothing to do with writing vertically or
horizontally...no matter which direction you write it is easy to see a
compound sign from two separate signs..

For example, take a look at DAUGHTER in ASL...