SignWriting written in different directions ;-)

Mon Nov 16 17:21:31 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
November 16, 2009

> On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Gagnon et Thibeault wrote:
>
>> Hi Val, Stefan and everyone,
>>  Val, I would like to see a poem in Spanish Sign Language.  If you
>> have a document, please send it to the list.
>>  Best regards, André.

--------

Hello Andre!

Go to this web page:
http://www.signwriting.org/spain/lecciones/

Download the textbook in English by Steve and Dianne Parkhurst (number
1 on that web page). It is written in Spanish Sign Language from
Madrid, and their "writing horizontally from left to right" is
beautiful! I love reading it!

Go to page 214 in the PDF document and you will find this page with a
poem written in a curve and written from the Top View. Please see
attached...

SignWriting is a flexible writing system and everyone is welcome to
write in the direction that is good for the document....

You start reading this poem from the bottom and up the curve...this
was written by a Deaf person in Madrid I believe...

Talk to you all tomorrow - gotta go!  Val ;-)