about NOVO DEIT-LIBRAS, First Edition, and tools for experimental research on sign language processing and theoretical modeling

Wed Oct 7 22:22:55 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
October 7, 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 2:57 PM, Fernando Capovilla wrote:
> In 2001 here at the University of Sao Paulo we have created a nice
> system (named BuscaSigno - or Libras SignRetrieval System) which
> allows anyone to locate and retrieve Libras signs (from the corpus
> of the Trilingual Encyclopedic Illustrated Libras Dictionary,
> Capovilla & Raphael, 2001) on the basis of sign forms rather than on
> the basis of Portuguese glosses....

-----

Hello Tim and Fernando!
Thank you for your messages ...
I just found it under "Libras Sign Retrieval", in Google, and I found
your journal article in Sign Language Studies 2003:

http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/sign_language_studies/v003/3.4capovilla.html