receptive vs. expressive - history?

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Tue Oct 20 21:13:04 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering what to do with the receptive and expressive view points,
when teaching signwriting.

As teachers of signwriting, would you include this explanation - or would
presenting the two possibilities create a problem that might not be there.

I've found that when I explain how to signwrite the different orientations
I explain the 'expressive viewpt' and never include the receptive view, so
as not to 'teach' them something that I will later have to unteach.

do you find that explaining the expressive view and leaving out the
'receptive' writing, acceptable?

thanks
Maria

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu