SignWriter Studio

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Tue Oct 27 00:40:47 UTC 2009

KJ wrote:
> Hi again,
> Well, I've got it working pretty well.  The main bug I found in it,
> now that I've figured out how to use and navigate in it, was once in
> the Editor.  I was putting in an Arm line combination and forgot to
> deselect it before moving on to the next symbol, which was another Arm
> line (I needed to extend the one I had so I went to get another).
> Naturally, my first line changed to the second, and when I went into
> the Combinations list, the arm line wouldn't change back.  I clicked
> on the line itself and the list switched to the second list I'd had,
> so I clicked for the Combinations list and it wouldn't go back to it
> until I clicked on another list and then went back to it.  Then it
> worked.  I eventually got it done, but it was a little frustrating.
> Speaking of which, I often forget to deselect a symbol in the editing
> window when I move on to the next symbol I'm looking for - EXTREMELY
> frustrating!!!  It would be helpful if all symbols in the editing
> window automatically deselected themselves when another window becomes
> active.
    I had planned the changing of selected symbols as a feature but I
noticed that I sometimes forgot to de-select as symbol too when I was
intending to add a new one and the selected symbol got changed.
    I am thinking that maybe I will change the program so that it won't
change selected symbols automatically, when choosing a new symbol, by
default, it will add a new symbol.  But if somebody wants to change a
selected symbol they can do a special keystroke or menu list to changed
a selected symbol.  Do you think that might fix the problem?
>  For exporting:  What do you do with any of those export options?  I'd
> like to email my document to someone who doesn't have SW Studio, but I
> can't get it into a format she can use.  Will it be an option to save
> it as a graphic file in the full version?
In the present version, you can print the document.  If you print it to
a PDF printer, you can send someone else the document in PDF format.  I
was thinking of doing an export to a graphics file but I haven't made
one yet.  Do you have any suggestions as to how you think it could
work?  As far as size of graphic, etc?  Do you think the receiving
person will want to see it on a screen of have it the size for printing
on a piece of paper or viewing on a DVD?

> I tried exporting to SignText but the string that came up wouldn't
> open when I pasted it into Firefox.  SignText came up, and there were
> the things down the left side suggesting that there should be signs
> there, but the signs themselves never showed up.
OK that's a bug.  The signs should show up.  I will look into it.
> Thanks again,
> KJ
Thanks for you help
Jonathan

P.S. the help file has the keystrokes. Each part of the editor has
different keystrokes.  If you right click on the sign area you get a
context menu.