SignWriter Studio Beta 0.0.0.1

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Tue Oct 27 00:40:58 UTC 2009

Hi KJ,
    Thank for testing the program. The program will run without any
dictionaries loaded.  But if no dictionary is selected, it cannot open
the dictionary module or the sign list module.  What can work is the
document and the sign editor.  But the Gloss to sign feature won't work
because it needs a dictionary file.
    Use can use the dictionary file with ASL or create a brand new empty
file by choosing new from the File menu.

    You say that you were trying to add hello to a document from the
editor.  The first time the program runs, it loads the base symbols and
save a copy so that it can load faster the next time it is used.  But it
takes some time so maybe that is why the program was unresponsive like
it crashed.  Did you get and except and the options to continue or
stop?  I think I will add a message box to let the user know that the
program is busy when it is loading.
    I am surprised that the Editor closed down by itself.  If it does it
again, let me know and see if you can fill me in on more details as to
what happens.

Jonathan