SignWriter Studio Beta 0.0.0.1

KJ kjoanne403 at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Oct 28 04:46:08 UTC 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jonathan
  To: KJ ; SignWriting List
  Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 6:40 PM
  Subject: [sw-l] Re: SignWriter Studio Beta 0.0.0.1

  Hi KJ,

  Hi Jonathan,

      Thank for testing the program. The program will run without any dictionaries loaded.  But if no dictionary is selected, it cannot open the dictionary module or the sign list module.  What can work is the document and the sign editor.  But the Gloss to sign feature won't work because it needs a dictionary file.
      Use can use the dictionary file with ASL or create a brand new empty file by choosing new from the File menu.

  Choosing New from the File menu didn't seem to do anything for me.  I had to go under the Edit menu before I could do anything.

      You say that you were trying to add hello to a document from the editor.  The first time the program runs, it loads the base symbols and save a copy so that it can load faster the next time it is used.  But it takes some time so maybe that is why the program was unresponsive like it crashed.

  That's possible.

  Did you get and except and the options to continue or stop?

  ... ? I don't understand the question.

  I think I will add a message box to let the user know that the program is busy when it is loading.
      I am surprised that the Editor closed down by itself.  If it does it again, let me know and see if you can fill me in on more details as to what happens.

  I think maybe, while I was waiting and clicking on things, I may have clicked on the "close" button and when it finished loading, it shut down because I had told it to.  That's most likely what happened.
  Thanks,
  KJ

  Jonathan

  KJ wrote:
    Hi again,
    Never mind the last email, I got the dictionary up after all.  Now the problem is that I got a sign I wanted (it happened to be "hello") but wasn't sure how to get it into the document.  I double-clicked and the program crashed.  The Editor eventually came up but I couldn't do anything with it, and it just now (after about 2 or 3 minutes) closed down.

    Thanks,
    KJ

  Jonathan Duncan
  email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca