WRITING SIGN LANGUAGES Workshop - Interest

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 4 15:22:25 UTC 2009

If I remember, we are the same three from the last time you asked. ;-)
Could this be all that is on list right now that is even close enough
to being able to go to Washington DC? If so, I don't know how much
asking here will get enough people. Maybe ask people in the area. I
don't think that it would be needed to be that they are SignWriters.
Maybe just interested is enough? Also, I have found that we Americans
(especially Deaf Americans) are followers in general. So instead of
saying would you be interested in maybe having a workshop (or
whatever) in Washington DC, maybe we can ask people in the area "we
will be having a workshop on SignWriting in Washington DC, would you
like to go?" If they ask, when say that we are getting a feel for who
is interested so that we know how best to set it up, and get contact
info. If the person asks what is SignWriting, then say that it's a way
to write sign languages and what better way to see what it is then to
come. The reason I say this that I have come to see that conferences
and workshops only work out best when there is a strong support and
attendence in the place where it is held. After that happens, then
people from afar will come and fill in.

Adam