more handshape orientations

Wed Sep 9 19:03:43 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
September 9, 2009

On Sep 9, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Thank you, this may solve the problem as I see it. Even if the
> general public would never see these symbols, the would show up in
> the spelling of the sign, and therefore be avaylable to the
> researcher. Sorry I was aware of how much detail is already
> awailable this way ;)
> Ingvild

That's ok!

The ISWA 2008 is a very large symbolset with sooo much more detail
than we ever wrote with, or was available to us, before...

Go into SignPuddle and click on SignMaker. Then start exploring Group
30, for advanced sorting...you can see we have Location symbols for
the whole body, and also lots of spatial symbols...quite a lot of
details already...

meanwhile the 45 degree palm facing for some Flat Hands do exist
already in Group 5 as you know...those are not used that much but they
are there for anyone who does want to use them...and the Heel of Hand
symbol, which is an old symbol that has become used again, also gives
us some details of palm facings we never had before...so the ISWA does
have a lot to offer right now....

And technically someone could "build" their own 45 degree palm facing
symbol by choosing a white palm and then adding small lines to create
the partial fill...Honza...have you considered building your own 45
degree palm facings in SignPuddle?

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help