(sem assunto)

Tue Sep 15 15:56:44 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
September 15, 2009

Hello Irina and Charles!
Many thanks for your messages. Of course, I agree too!! The more
teacher certification courses in SignWriting around the world the
better...

I believe that such a program might already exist in Brasil. I would
suggest contacting the LETRAS LIBRAS program at UFSC Florianopolis in
Brazil...Go to this web page:

SignWriting in Brazil
http://www.signwriting.org/brazil/

and scroll down. Click on Number 2 to learn about their program. I
know SignWriting is a part of their education there.

I also have a second suggestion. Recently I have started to develop
the idea for a new teacher's certification requirement in SignWriting,
involving four college-level courses that would train a teacher of
SignWriting, but the curriculum has to be implemented at an accredited
university, or college, or educational institution.

My suggestion is that Adam Frost could return to Lisbon, Portugal (if
there is funding), to set up the SignWriting Teacher Certification
Program, at the Instituto de Ciências da Saúde da Universidade
Católica Portuguesa, where Adam just taught SignWriting last week.
There was a lot of interest there, and perhaps he could return to
Lisbon in a year to setup the program...Of course this will take a
good year just to work this all out with the educational institutions
in Lisbon, but I believe this could happen.

Meanwhile, if there are other educational institutions around the
world that would also like to establish a SignWriting Teacher
Certification Program in their school, contact me and we can discuss
how to start the process.

And Irina, right now, you can definitely start learning to use our
software SignPuddle, so in my next message I will teach you how to
start...Learning through the internet right now is the only avenue we
have at this moment...then when the Teacher's courses are available
later, you will be way ahead of everyone - smile...

Thanks for writing!

Val ;-)

----------

On Sep 15, 2009, at 8:08 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

> I would agree with Irina, Val, I am one of the fortunate few to have
> anything like a teaching certificate in the subject, and with
> possible work in Brazil, all of them require certification, and one
> cannot teach in any subject through the educational system without
> it.  I need to write the Brazilian Embassy, for example, and they
> will require letterhead from you stating that I have that
> instruction capability for that to go into my national educational
> transcript.
>
> Charles Butler
>

> --- On Tue, 9/15/09, Irina Baptista <irina_baptista at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> From: Irina Baptista <irina_baptista at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [sw-l] (sem assunto)
> To: "signwriting" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
> Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 11:01 AM
>
> Hi Val and Adam!
>
> I'm already self studying sign writing, the problem of teaching here
> in Portugal is about not having a paper that assures I know sign
> writing and can teach it, but that will be the next step. Is there
> any possibility to go somewhere and graduate on it?
>
> Kisses
> Irina
>
> PS: By the way, how can I add the portuguese sign writing I've
> already done, and How can I be sure that they are correct? Thank
> you...
>
> Você sabia que pode utilizar o Messenger de qualquer tipo de
> celular? Saiba mais.
>
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

> Change Email Settings

> Change Email Settings