Report from Portugal (Long)

Shane Gilchrist shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 16 11:56:32 UTC 2009

Adam,

Excellent - many thanks for sowing some more seeds in Europe for us! :-)

I do look forward to more Europeans knowing SW :-)

By the way, most academic conferences in Europe - the working language is
usually English (if its not their national language) - especially in the
linguistics world - most stuff are printed in English i.e. in the
Netherlands, most Dutch (if studying Linguistics) would write their PhD
theses in English rather than Dutch. More and more universities in
non-English speaking countries (in Europe) are turning to English rather
than their local language - however a lot of people still publish in English
and their national language which is a good sign.

Shane