QUESTION...Palm facing fingers pointing down

Tue Dec 7 16:58:47 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
December 7, 2010

Hello Andre and everyone -

First, the 8 rotations clockwise, and the 8 flopped hands that rotate counter-clockwise, do not represent right or left hands. They are simply every possible rotation and flop in SignWriting, for you to choose from - but sometimes they are right hands and sometimes they are left hands -

The hands at the top that point up, are right and left...but as the rotations move down towards the bottom, it can switch - Here is a new diagram explaining this. I have to go to an appointment, but later today I will answer your question about how to write the positions you showed us in the photos -

Please see my attached diagram...