AW: I need your help

Fri Dec 10 16:42:38 UTC 2010

Hi Val,

well so far as I know there is no way to print SW-DOS documents unless you
run it with Win98 or perhaps Win2000 ( I do not know that)

So in order to get printed documents from SW- DOS with support from this
wonderful DOS-Box you have to go the way to print to postscript format.
Afterwards you have to convert that into a pdf. Now no problem to print.

Another option but not really very helpful - to export the .sgn file -you
will get bmp files which can be embedded into word-documents.

I would recommend the third possibility to get print outs from the good old
SW- DOS - Program (And we work every day with that program at school!!!)

Just install the SignWriter Python programm from Lars Majewski. Now you can
get beautiful printouts from all sgn files.

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Dezember 2010 17:06
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: Re: I need your help

SignWriting List
December 9, 2010

Hello Meryeme and Shane -

I hope you can meet in person. What a small world it is!

SignWriter Java was just given a 5-stars award, and placed for download on a
mirror site, called Soft82:

SignWriter Java Download on Soft82
http://www.soft82.com/download/windows/signwriter/

They placed it under the Windows category, but actually SignWriter Java
works on both Mac and Windows...it works well except it doesn't print,
unfortunately. It was never finished.

But SignWriter DOS is a finished program. Did you get it installed and
working, Meryeme?

And have you tried the Translate feature in SignPuddle Online yet?

Go to the ASL SignPuddle Dictionary online:
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=4

and click on the Translate button on the left of the screen -

Val ;-)

-------

On Dec 9, 2010, at 11:20 PM, Meryeme Ayache wrote:

> hey Valerie and every one
> thanks for the links well as far as my meeting with Shane concerned: we
fixed to meet on monday but it is not comfirmed yet I am really looking
forward meeting him :)