AW: [sw-l] greetings from Germany

Sun Feb 14 11:29:44 UTC 2010

Hi Valerie,

this morning I took another photo (yes - no drawing) of my Amaryllis and
created this Valentine card. The background are trees with snow so the card
may express the hope for better times as well - smile

Interesting to watch the flower - what a difference a day makes ... smile

The text - GebaerdenSchrift is as the DEAF in Germany would sign "All the
best to Valentine"

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. Februar 2010 22:16
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] greetings from Germany

SignWriting List
February 13, 2010

Hello Stefan!
What a beautiful card...this is a particularly unique card...The Amaryllis
is lovely...it almost looks like an illustration, rather than a photo, or
did you draw this by hand? Very nice!

And it is a beautiful day, I agree and I hope you are having a beautiful day
too...

I was thinking of posting some Valentine Day cards on our SignWriting card
site in the future:

SignWriting Cards
http://www.SignWriting.org/cards

but we have none. Can you make one for Valentine's Day in German Sign
Language? Do you celebrate Valentine's Day in Germany?

And in ASL, does anyone know how to say "Be my Valentine" in ASL? I have no
clue...it would make a great card...

I hope you all can post different ways to write "Be My Valentine" in
American Sign Language here on the List...

I look forward to reading them!

Val ;-)