AW: [sw-l] greetings from Germany

Sun Feb 14 16:55:45 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
February 14, 2010

On Feb 14, 2010, at 3:29 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> this morning I took another photo (yes - no drawing) of my Amaryllis and
> created this Valentine card. The background are trees with snow so the card
> may express the hope for better times as well - smile
> Interesting to watch the flower - what a difference a day makes ... smile
> The text - GebaerdenSchrift is as the DEAF in Germany would sign "All the
> best to Valentine"...

THANK YOU, Stefan, for this lovely card written in German Sign Language...I am so happy to see another sign language written here on the List, other than ASL!

We need more examples and postings written in sign languages around the world...

And it is so interesting to learn some German signs...this seems very clear...thanks for the translation, and for going to this effort to post to the List - your two hands begin over the heart - that must mean "Valentine" or "love"...right? and then the third sign must mean ALL...correct?