TISLR 10 - SignTyp Poster Presentation

Wed Feb 17 20:26:43 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
February 17, 2010

> On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> The link will not be available until after April 1.  This we received from the managers.  Their software has certain glitches in it that have to worked around.

Thank you, Charles  ;-)

And congratulations to you and Rachel Channon and the SignTyp project team members, for the acceptance of your poster presentation at TISLR 2010 as well...

I believe the title of your poster presentation is:

"Transcription Systems As Input To Coding Systems: Signwriting & Signtyp"

Is this correct?

The SignTyp project (see Rachel's message below) will be an important step forward for SignWriting and SignPuddle, integrating with the SignTyp linguistic database for multiple sign languages, directed by Rachel Channon and Dr. Harry van der Hulst from the University of Connecticut:

SgnTyp
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/signtyp/

At the TISLR, I hope you can take photos of the posters with the authors and presenters standing right next to the posters...we did that for a conference in Lisbon in 2004, and then I created a web area for each presentation with photos...it is a good historic record and is also informative because we can refer to each poster and look at the details of the poster in the photos...

Val ;-)

--------

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help