re Re: Automatic hand gesture recognition for SignWriting

Gan Lu glu at UCLAN.AC.UK
Mon Jan 4 23:34:34 UTC 2010

Dear Valerie and Adam, and everyone;

   Thank you very much for the video and the passage that post online, that's really helpful to me.

   So now, I will develop the system based on that. If there is any news, I will keep you informed.

  Thanks
  Gan

>>> Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org>>>>
Hello Lik-Kwan, Ulrike, and Everyone -
Thank you for your messages. We are happy to work with you.

Adam Frost is visiting a school for the Deaf in Jamaica right now, and
will be back to SignWriting work on January 11th. Before he left on
his trip, Adam corrected the writing of one sign in the old 1999
Frosty document, plus created a video of that one page only, with a
dead face...no facial expressions...since that is the way the 1999
version was written by Deaf author Lourdes Tollette. Of course, we all
know that real ASL needs facial expressions, and we always write
facial expressions...this old 1999 document is an exception...Once
Adam comes home from Jamaica, he will sign his own version of Frosty
in ASL, creating a full video, and then he will write it in
SignWriting and post it, with facial expressions.

So for your work right now, you have a video for that one page from
1999:

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=1&sgn=5&sid=459

Keep us informed of your project and I hope funding can be found
later...I am happy to help with any grant writing if needed...

2010 will certainly be a successful year!

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help