question for the way to express 'made'

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 8 12:57:38 UTC 2010

In Norwegian SL, the verbs are not used to tell when something was done, but rather how it was done, who/ what did it, to whom/ what it was done, etc. Time is usually put first in the sentence/ utterance, if it is imortant. Then it is something like a topic.  If teh utterance is a long one, and the time is of importance, it may be repated at the end and even in the middle of the sentence. If time is of less importance, then the time sign (like 'yesterday' or 'before' or 'in the future') will be be placed after the topic is presented.

Exeptions to this rule is the 'finished' or 'already', which makes a gramatical perfect tense.  Also, a future marker, telling of an intension, may be placed differnetly. So we could get

"NOW EAT YOU?" = will you eat now?,
"EAT FINNISH YOU?" = have you eaten?,
"MOTHER TOMORROW SKI WILL-WILL" = Mother has decided that tomorrow, she will go skiing,
"MOTHER, SKI-left, SKI-straight, SKI-right, SKI SKI" = Mother, she is skiing a lot, in different directions, skiing a lot
"YESTERDAY CINEMA YOU-I" = the two of us went to the cinema yesterday,
"LAST-YEAR HOLLIDAY LONDON I" = last year, I went to London for my holliday,

etc etc .....

(if I got it right - my appologies if this is incorrect ...)

Ingvild