Spanish Word for LOGIN...need help -

Wed Jul 7 23:44:56 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
July 7, 2010

Hello List members -

I need your help with Spanish -

What is the most well-known, or most commonly-used, Spanish word for "login"?

In our Spanish navigation for SignPuddle Online, we are using the word "Ingresar" to mean "Login". It was the word chosen by someone who lives in Honduras.

Well, a few days ago, someone from Spain asked me where they should "login" and when I pointed them to "Ingresar" they told me in Span that means depositing money into a bank! They had seen that word there, and they were afraid to click on it!

I know Spanish has different dialects, in Spain and in Honduras, so what Spanish word would you suggest we use for LOGIN, that would be the best understood in both countries?