Email settings for the SignWriting List

Wed Jul 21 18:28:00 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
July 21, 2010

Dear SW Listers:

Did you know that you can go to:
http://listserv.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=SW-L&X=1CC44C7C988A36EDEF&Y=sutton%40signwriting.org
or
http://listserv.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

to re-set your email settings on the SignWriting List? Perhaps you would like to receive graphics files and attachments inside your email messages? Then re-set your email to Regular Mail...

Because if you chose the Digest format, the graphics attachments do not show up, with the new Listserve software. I have found the best Digest to choose is the HTML format. It sends you a listing of the titles of all the messages posted in one day, and then you can visit the archives to read the messages and view the attached diagrams and pdf files...but all the other Digest formats just show pages and pages of "garbage" for each graphic or pdf file attached...

So this is why I personally choose Regular Mail for my email settings - so I do not have to go to the Archives to read the attachments -

Here are the formats available to you:

Regular Mail (no digest)
Digest (traditional)
Digest (MIME)
Digest (HTML)
Index (traditional)
Index (HTML)

Just thought I would share this with you -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org