SignWriting List Archives

Thu Jul 29 20:50:44 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
July 29, 2010

Hi Bill and everyone -

Yes, you did sooo much for us. And now Erika Hoffman, and perhaps others, are actually basing research on those Archives, so without the complete Archives the research would be halted.

That is why I mildly panicked when I realized that the Valencia move of our List to a new machine (which was a shame because we loved the old List software), not only moved our list, but also lost the Archives that had been on the old Valencia server from August 2007 to April 2010...when the move occurred. So Archive 4 should have covered from August 2007 to present, but now it covers April 2010 to present...

So the lost period on the Valenica archives was from Aug 2007 to April 2010...

Fortunately, the LInguistList.org site, which is what we call Archive 3, did preserve the Archives during that time period so that is still on the web...see our home page to see the time periods for all the Archives:

Maybe Valencia can send us the Archives that were not re-posted during the move - you never know...smile...and then maybe we can post those on our own SignWriting server - I will keep you informed -

Val ;-)