SignWriting in Unicode update...

Valerie Sutton writesignlanguage at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 15 20:59:00 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
June 15, 2010

Hello Steve and everyone!

THANK YOU for all you are doing, and for your careful work in communicating with the Unicode List about future developments for SignWriting... For so many years, SignWriting in Unicode has been an issue. It will be wonderful to resolve it.

And many thanks to other programmers and designers who have also worked on the idea of SignWriting in Unicode...There have been at least 5 projects in the past that have focused on this issue, if not more...so this has been a subject that dates back to the mid-1990's...and continues to this day -

Unicode will help SignWriting become more "mainstream" ...more programs will be able to type with the symbols, although special programming will still be needed to make it possible to write in vertical columns with lanes, and other unique aspects to SignWriting...I look forward to using SignWriting in Unicode someday!

So thanks again Steve - I am glad you posted this report to the List -

Life is not only fun, but Unicode is an adventure - ha!

Val ;-)