exporting texts from signpuddle

Fri Mar 5 20:52:51 UTC 2010

Hi Honza,

SignPuddle doesn't support compound signs.  Signs are either written
together or as separate signs.  In SignPuddle, the name of an entry is
always a single sign, so any compound name for an entry would have to be
written together as a single sign.   For SignPuddle 2, I'll consider if
the name of a sign entry should be a sign text rather than an individual
sign.  I guess it should be a sign text if it represents a title or
names a concept.

Exporting is weak in SignPuddle 1.5.  It should be possible to get the
data.  What data in what format are you looking for?  Signs or sign
texts.  Entire puddles, custom list, or individual entries.

I will be revamping the database and the data exchange format for
SignPuddle 2.  I will probably use a custom SignPuddle XML for
exporting data, but the SignWriting will be encoded in BSW.  If you'd
rather have SignWriting in XML, consider BSWML.

As it stands, the BSW for individual sign texts is available via the
Analyze SignText in BSW link.  On the "Format" page of the Binary
SignWriting HTML Reference you can find the BSWML with a link to the DTD.

Regards,
-Steve

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help